The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
7 Pages«<567
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Rakshasa  
#121 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 2:58:50 AM(UTC)
Rakshasa

Groups: ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mikey Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Rakshasa Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Dirk Flamberge Go to Quoted Post
There's childish whining and then there's WoT whining, and it's not just that it's the overall emasculation of all the male characters and how all the female characters are scheming psychopaths, and how no matter what is done feels absolutely pointless, how it felt like the main characters were essentially Railroaded along with 0 character growth.

Fair enough. Although, all things being equal the emasculation of men in the novels and the resultant problems that it created in the books (and yes, the author did note it once or twice)...

I bought a bunch of novels for the summer holidays, and I have to say that three books in a row not-so-subtly concentrating on extolling the virtues of Grrrl Power left an aftertaste of crude propaganda as strong as the North Korean TV variety.

Can't we have equality, do men really have to be stupid, spineless, cowardly, and willing targets of ridicule in Science Fiction and Fantasy literature from now on? So many authors have turned on the faucet, that I suppose this is what American TV storytelling became at some point of the writers' youth or childhood.

And if you want to write propaganda, can't you at least not insult my intelligence and perception, do you have to be so crude and unsophisticated about it?

Completely agreed. It's frustrating that a great many authors feel that the only way to make women be smart or capable is to make men useless and/or stupid. It's not really a big surprise though, they've been shoving that philosophy into most college graduates (and most authors do attend college at some point) so strongly that I suspect that most of them have a hard time separating the reality from the inane feminist nonsense.