The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Mikey  
#21 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2016 6:17:34 PM(UTC)
Mikey

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Originally Posted by: The Author Guy Go to Quoted Post
Actually, thinking about it, he might even give Tizzy a fair trial.

Tizzy sounds the kind of demon who'd hang on Quatloos! to stay abreast with the latest trends of buffoonery the experts there like to uncover: http://www.quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewforum.php?f=37
Offline The Author Guy  
#22 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2016 6:35:58 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
Reasonably certain most people in the Abyss would like him to move to his own country.

That is the main problem with sovereign citizens, they are typically occupiers on foreign soil. Seems to me that, unless they have visa agreements with the nation they are residing in, they could be deported.

Not exactly sure to where, the only truly neutral place would be Antarctica. Sure, the moon or mars are options, but very expensive options. Much cheaper to deport people to Antarctica. Plus from an ethics point, at least there is the possibility of survival in Antarctica. The other two spots, we'd need to provide them with a space suit and a really huge bottle of air...not sure about water, if Nestle gets its way, water will not be a universal human right. Pretty clear from mass starvation that food is not currently a right.

So Antarctica seems best; and before long, it'll have excellent vacation opportunities, the SC's can stake out all the future beach front property and make lots of money.

Of course with so many SC's it could become very chaotic once enough are down there, it would sort of be like Eternal War ala Warcraft....

Offline Mikey  
#23 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2016 6:42:31 PM(UTC)
Mikey

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Antarctica

Congratulations, what did the issue with avatars end up being?

Also, sounds like Venezuela is about to become a bit of a free-for-all, surely there are any number of people who'd happily swap houses for the low price of a plane ticket out.
Offline The Author Guy  
#24 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2016 6:47:32 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Yeah, I know on the Venezuela...eeshh.

I'm still working on the avatars. I fixed this by using my super powers as admin to post an external site for the image.

The problem is, this isn't available to non-admins. The only way normal users can add an avatar is via the DNN user management, which is what is getting blocked by the DNS rebinding issue.

I am a little unsure of the DNN Gravatar support.

What did you do for it to work, did you just register www.astlan.net on your gravatar profile and DNN pulls it in automatically?
Offline The Author Guy  
#25 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2016 6:48:29 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Although it's also working on www.astlan.org so did you register both?

Offline Mikey  
#26 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2016 6:54:04 PM(UTC)
Mikey

What did you do for it to work, did you just register www.astlan.net on your gravatar profile and DNN pulls it in automatically?

I don't remember doing anything in particular, I think it just worked, once I'd used the same email address I'd registered with Gravatar while it wasn't part of Wordpress yet.
Offline The Author Guy  
#27 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2016 6:58:21 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

That's what it looks like, that's what I figured, you don't seem to have anything set.

The DNN Avatar selector lets you choose to upload from a URL, but that appears to just load it into the system like a file upload which shows up broken.

Tried that for Lenamare.

Going to try unsetting my avatar both in the forum and on main site to see if my gravatar just shows up.

Offline Lenamare The Great  
#28 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2016 7:08:47 PM(UTC)
Lenamare The Great

Groups: Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

My gravatar does not seem to load automatically. However, I am seeing a gravatar G.

Also, why does Tizzyr's work? Surely that miscreant doesn't have a gravatar account?
Offline The Author Guy  
#29 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2016 7:54:24 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

I have gravatar working for me; I changed my gravatar and it changed here.

Still not doing it for Lenamare though.
Offline Mikey  
#30 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2016 8:00:44 PM(UTC)
Mikey

You microsofties seem to assume that things are case insensitive...
Offline Wylan of Oorstemoth  
#31 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2016 8:08:39 PM(UTC)
Wylan of Oorstemoth

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Avast you, Author, my avatar is also away!

Is it not enough that i have yet to get a single line of dialogue in book 3, that you must also banish my avatar?

I think there is clearly a collusion of criminal culprits, conspiring to coopt and condemn my inculcatative comments concerning the coming catastrophes in Astlan!
Offline Wylan of Oorstemoth  
#32 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2016 10:14:27 PM(UTC)
Wylan of Oorstemoth

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hah!

I have finally and fastidiously flouted your failed fixings of this faulty forum feature!

By clearing my DNN avatar (main site) the forum is automatically pulling my gravatar based upon my email address!

#33 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2016 10:19:52 PM(UTC)
Lenamare The Great

Groups: Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Well tiddly do for you.

I have done the same and it's not working!
#34 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2016 12:20:43 AM(UTC)
Lenamare The Great

I have decided that Gravatar is run by demons. It is now very clear to me.

As noted earlier, T-A-G and Wylan got their gravatar avatars to work easily; mine refused to work. I just got the gravatar logo.

Turns out the gravatar demons are case sensitive. My email on this site was Lenamare at astlan dot net; at gravatar it was lenamare at astlan dot net

On a whim, I changed the capitalization of my name in my email address here, and voila, the demons at gravatar finally got around to doing my bidding.

Brick wall So typical of demons. If I had realized I was dealing with demons, then, obviously, this would have been the first thing I would have checked.

I guess after the whole Exador thing, I should not be surprised that demons are running around all over the place pretending to be human.

Oh, these vile and treacherous creatures, they tax me, they truly tax me!