The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Qrystof  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2019 6:08:06 PM(UTC)
Qrystof

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Alright, I can't wait for book 4. Mainly because I'm hoping to finally get the answer to the Phoenix Cycle stuff we're seeing.

The part that blows me away if Tom's reactions during the conference pre battle to seeing the avatars and how he speaks with them. I think at this point we all can agree that there is a whole ton of credence to the Tom=Orcus debate. My question is: is Tom just gaining access to these memories and then acting accordingly or are these memories from Orcus integrating and changing Tom's character bit by bit.

I can't help but think that this vast amount of memory, feeling, and knowledge that flashes through his mind has to effect him somehow. The way he acts is not at all in line with the teen he used to be. Way too self assured and yet vindictive.

Are we going to have the monkey king straighten some of this out?
Offline Tizzy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2019 9:12:02 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
If you want food for fodder, remember my pal Boggy? In book 1 he thought Tom seemed oddly well composed for a 16 year old, given the situation.

I have to take his word for it, I haven't been 16 since....hmm....was I ever 16? I don't know, I've just been well composed, stable and reliably self-possessed for as long as I can remember.

But Book 4 really starts to put the peddle to the metal on this issue.
Offline Qrystof  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 1:25:41 AM(UTC)
Qrystof

Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
If you want food for fodder, remember my pal Boggy? In book 1 he thought Tom seemed oddly well composed for a 16 year old, given the situation.

I have to take his word for it, I haven't been 16 since....hmm....was I ever 16? I don't know, I've just been well composed, stable and reliably self-possessed for as long as I can remember.

But Book 4 really starts to put the peddle to the metal on this issue.

Man Tizzy, that doesn't help at all! GAH I guess waiting is my only option. That does kind of allude to what I'm thinking but I hope there's a TON of Orcus memories from the battle to reflect on. I want Tom to start making strides as a character, not just the fear of letting others down because "I'm not Orcus", but accepting the mantle and making positive strides.

Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

Offline Lunarmage  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 2:26:06 AM(UTC)
Lunarmage

Groups: ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

To be fair, that was to be expected when Tizzy answered. Very rare is the time when Tizz comes out and says something definitively. I mean even his Demon Weed bag is a mystery; until he reveals that his weed bag is a dimensional bag (I so want one of those).
Offline Qrystof  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 3:19:34 AM(UTC)
Qrystof

True enough. I've been going around in circles looking for a good series to sit down with. Both Nightlord and DoA didn't end on a note that have kept me from thinking about them. I can only think myself in circles for so long before I need a next chapter. I can't keep binging these drug like stories Amazon is pushing at me. The LITRPG series haven't hit the spot. Like cotton candy, great but gone too soon.

Edited by user Monday, February 11, 2019 3:20:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Damned phone autocorrect

Offline Tizzy  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 3:44:58 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
These authors sound like drug dealers to me....

Always leave the client "needing more"

Tsk Tsk Tsk. Drugs are bad! Don't do drugs! Just eat cookies! Or smoke a pipe, or a doobie, but don't do drugs, whatever else you do!

This has been a Public Service Announcement in partial fulfillment of the terms of my parole from Judge Judy!