The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
3 Pages<123
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Iume  
#41 Posted : Sunday, May 22, 2016 12:28:42 AM(UTC)
Iume

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Given the bond between Gastrope and Tizzy I wonder ifnTozzy cast the demon familiar spell on himself and then transferred it to Gastrope much like how our warlock transferred his bond to Tom.

I also wonder how the first demon binding spell or even the modern version came to be. Perhaps demons used to cast the familiar spell on themselves and then gave it to others as a pledge of service. Then wizards stole it, perverted it, and turned a tool of loyalty and trust into a yoke of slavery.
Offline Lenamare The Great  
#42 Posted : Sunday, May 22, 2016 5:22:59 AM(UTC)
Lenamare The Great

Groups: Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I am not sure I am following you.

It was very clear to me, when in Freehold, this Gastrope' fellow had a bound demon named Tizzy, a very annoying creature.

Why on Astlan would one think that an annoying and devious creature like that octapodal demon would purposefully want to be a demon slave?

No clearly this Gastrope' fellow used a very old school binding on this demon. I have to admit, that I am puzzled by how this rather, vapid, conjuror could manage such a classic, and rather complex spell.

That being said, I do have to give him some respect for it. Rest assured it was no simple familiar spell, it was a very complex binding that has not actually been used in centuries. For someone of Tizzy's minor significance, we have far simpler spells that would work. In fact, I would argue, that wasting such a beautiful work of conjury on such a minor demon shows a strong lack of discipline on Gastrope's part.