The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
3 Pages<123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline GameGraphix  
#21 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2017 12:52:53 AM(UTC)
GameGraphix

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Another thought....

If the links between the planes are also frequency based - then the dome spell around the Citadel of Light could actually have been a dampening field or cancelling frequency to disrupt the connection
Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#22 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2017 1:14:02 AM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

Groups: ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Frequency Modulators? Sounds like something from Star Trek, should we expect freaky sapient parasitic snake creatures too? or Massive Manmade Moonfortresses of Doom? Tribbles? There's already been a Stargate reference, Galactic empires who dress their soldiers in ridiculous looking White body suits?

Etc Etc.

Edited by user Friday, January 13, 2017 1:14:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline GameGraphix  
#23 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2017 2:07:08 AM(UTC)
GameGraphix

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Well, why not....we already have Gravity cannons....from the space faring Orcs...

The Gravity cannons create a weaponized version of the Geomatic engines / drives (I think this is the term) on the Inferno or very similar......so, why not have spell shields that disrupt the mana frequencies...
Offline EyeDeKay  
#24 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2017 3:18:38 AM(UTC)
EyeDeKay

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Mount doom star?
Offline NS  
#25 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2017 3:42:33 AM(UTC)
NS

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

so I'm guessing because of this whole digestion thing that there is no point in trying to eat/absorb other demons/angels/gods to power up?

also completely unrelated but Doom could totally use a water/lava slide starting at the top of the mountain down to the Doomspa
would be super awesome
Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#26 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2017 4:09:20 AM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

Maybe just make an Adjoining Water+LavaPark? with slides, pools, etc, the works?
Offline NS  
#27 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2017 7:55:19 AM(UTC)
NS

yes!!
why settle for just one slide when we could have a whole park
i think d'orcs + tizzy could totally get behind an extreme and possible life-threatening water park
don't see that on the any of the outer plains now do you!

gods and avatars be soooo jealous

it would also totally throw people like Jenn (who believe all demons are unconditionally evil) for a loop
Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#28 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2017 8:50:42 AM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

I'm not sure how life threatening it would be considering the difficulty of death in the abyss in the first place, but ok.

We probably at some point should decide whether this will be a one time thing or expanded into an entire Theme Park of Doom.

Would certainly be a good way to attract more demon's that's for sure.

Edited by user Friday, January 13, 2017 8:51:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Tizzy  
#29 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2017 4:24:22 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
First things first, in regards to the water/lava park.

Opening such a park would put Tom in competition with Moloch. Remember, Moloch owns Hellsprings Eternal.

Mologh is currently neutral with respect to Lilith and Sammael. See this. It would probably not be a good idea to alienate him by opening a better/competing playground.

But it does sound fun. Reminds me of discussions with GelCube about the slippery road to hell...which would be a funny ride as well.

Next, if you do build a great theme park, people are going to want to build hotels. If you are building a hotel, there is a certain archdemon who would try to muscle in and put his name on the hotel. Don't know about you, but I'd like to keep him and his horse riding bare chested (nearly) bald buddy as far away from Doom as possible! True it would be a YUGE! hotel, but also a YUGE pain in the tail!
Offline Tizzy  
#30 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2017 4:27:22 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Second in regards to Lenamare's wards, from Book 1 (seeing a typo or two but):

Quote:

Jehenna thought for a moment and then said, “But how? Demons are both magical and material. Thus, he’s blocked no matter how we balance the shield. That’s why pentagrams work so well on demons... remember?”

“Yes, I realize that,” Lenamare said testily. “We can, however, play a few tricks with the oscillation frequency of the balance and sneak him in.” Lenamare motioned to one of his students standing nearby acting as a page. “Tell Hortwell and Elrose to meet Jehenna and myself in the primary ward chamber in five minutes.” The child ran off immediately to follow his orders. “Follow me,” Lenamare told Jehenna, and they set off to the catacombs.
~
The children were gathered around the woodpile getting their third loads of wood. They couldn’t take much at one time; actually Rex was doing most of the carrying. He didn’t mind however; the primary point of having the children carry the wood was to keep their minds off the situation. Besides, the hard physical work also kept his mind off the situation.

As he bent to pick up another chopped log of wood, he felt a change in the air. Reaching out with his mind, he could feel that the pentacles were oscillating. He could only guess that Lenamare must be trying something to let the demon in. The shields couldn’t be shut down temporarily without having to start from scratch to put them back up, but they had to do something to get the demon in before it seriously weakened the force field. Rex’s quick mind saw what Lenamare was trying to do.

The best bet would be to set the field on magic mode and set it to oscillate at a frequency resonant with the demon’s spirit’s energy frequency. The demon’s physical body would pose no problem, since the field would be keeping out only magical energy. They’d have to risk only a short time of physical attack in case Exador got clever and sent energy into the field at the same frequency. That would be a forcing of the system, and if he sent enough energy in, it could overbalance the system and lead to a stochastic field, meaning the field would disintegrate into a bunch of isolated stability points and collapse.

Offline NS  
#31 Posted : Saturday, January 14, 2017 8:14:38 AM(UTC)
NS

bah just make it a private park and only Doomilialns? Doomers? Doomians? in
Offline Tizzy  
#32 Posted : Saturday, January 14, 2017 3:42:58 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Well, I suppose that could work.

It would be an incentive to get people to emigrate from other places to Doom.

So if we turn Doom into a giant theme park, perhaps we can then capture the Inferno, paint it red call the Big Red Flying Boat and offer cruises kind of like that mouse did.

Heh heh Snow Black and the 7 Phaestuses can wonder around amusing guests! He would definitely be Grumpy!
Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#33 Posted : Saturday, January 14, 2017 6:14:13 PM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

I think it might just be best to just keep the private theme park as an addendum to Doom, rather than turning Doom into a theme park, since i doubt the D'Orcs would be pleased by that. I feel certain that the main group that will enjoy such a thing would be regular demons first, and then D'Orcs as long as it continues to be part of the leisure facilities rather than turning Mount Doom into Mount DoomPark™.
Offline Tizzy  
#34 Posted : Saturday, January 14, 2017 7:38:11 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

How about a D'Orcball stadium?

It's basically a hard hitting, more dangerous and deadly version of American Football. No helmets or padding, everyone wearing loincloths/bikinis.
Offline NS  
#35 Posted : Saturday, January 14, 2017 8:59:17 PM(UTC)
NS

that's actually a great idea
i could see a full contact sport being very popular in Doom

plus I could see Tom as using it as an outlet for the D'orcs and orcs when he doesn't want to do any multiverse conquering
Offline Tizzy  
#36 Posted : Saturday, January 14, 2017 9:10:45 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Orcs love headbutting each other, so D'Orcs must as well, and we make it an aerial game in 3D!

It'll be a lot more fun to watch than 3D Chess. Take that Mr. Spock! It'd be like an aerial demolition derby with a football! The QuarterD'Orc can pass up or down to his receiver!

Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#37 Posted : Saturday, January 14, 2017 9:35:48 PM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

Engaging in some Brainstorming, although most of this has probably been thought of I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Since it's possible to create snow in the abyss, i wonder if Tom could specifically designate a side of Mount Doom as a winter wonderland for Skiing, Snowboarding, Abyssal snowball fights, and other such Winter time activities.

Going the other direction, since there's a connection to the plane of water, a Giant aquarium could be kept with the option of capturing giant sea beasts to populate it, and then people could try their luck at a spot of fishing, or if they felt the urge, to engage in underwater combat like some sort of Sea Colosseum.

With the prospect of climate control you could really confuse and flabbergast visiting mortals by having an underground Park or Garden of some kind. You could probably go one step further and make Gardening areas, nothing like being able to make your own food/alcohol, and make it easier to cater to the mortals in question. Plus you have to admit that the phrase "Abyss Grown Vegetables" or "From the Abyss to your Dinner plate" and the resulting Bewilderment of mortals would be worth it's weight in Gold, and hilarious.

Since Mount doom has Gates and Portals, would it be at all possible to link to a couple of the more friendly Demon settlements in order to have easier access to Abyssal resources and economic centres of trade? Not to mention access to more recruit-able Demons to pad out Doom's Mana Factory, and this is obviously taking into account security concerns involved with having direct travel to Doom from other locations in the Abyss.

Edited by user Saturday, January 14, 2017 9:43:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline GameGraphix  
#38 Posted : Saturday, January 14, 2017 10:05:00 PM(UTC)
GameGraphix

Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
So if we turn Doom into a giant theme park, perhaps we can then capture the Inferno, paint it red call the Big Red Flying Boat and offer cruises kind of like that mouse did.

I would have thought that the color yellow would be better....then you can have a theme song for it..."Yellow Submarine"

Offline GameGraphix  
#39 Posted : Saturday, January 14, 2017 10:11:00 PM(UTC)
GameGraphix

If your looking for thoughts for the theme park...we could have a

Dragon (demon) petting zoo....

For water / lava slides - why not link them up with the portals - have it start in Mt Doom in the Abyss - go through a portal to one of the Doomalogues circle around and back through a portal to Mt Doom - we could then have the "Tunnel of Doom" lava / water slide - or maybe borrow some of those mining / ore carts and tracks from the dwarves instead of the water / lava - and have the Roller Coaster of Doom
Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#40 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2017 1:12:40 PM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

Not related to the topic, but i was wondering where The grove and Murgatroy were in relation to shown geography of Astlan as i cant find them on what is mapped out, and also how thick are the mountains around Freehold as shown in the map as i don't remember there being a lot of references in regards to them.