The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
4 Pages123>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Killblah  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2017 2:38:21 PM(UTC)
Killblah

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

We have been teased with mentions of a intelligent and powerful martial artist monkey who talks in riddles, But he has yet to make an appearance and I for one hope he will be introduced early on in the next book.
Talking about an awesome monkey character but not introducing him just seems wrong.
Offline Tizzy  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2017 5:52:14 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Tamarin has heard your request!

Your wish is her command!
Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 6:38:55 AM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

Groups: ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Isn't she only supposed to grant Tom's wishes? or am i confusing something up?
Offline Tizzy  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 7:08:36 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

OK...true, but if Singkun shows up and teaches Tom how to wax his car, then you could argue the wish is for Tom!

Offline NS  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 7:13:58 PM(UTC)
NS

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Ok, well speaking of long lost characters
are we ever going to find out who Tom/Orcus's lady friend is?
If it's Jen I'm just going to die laughing Flapper
Offline The Author Guy  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 8:31:39 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
Well, that was the original plan when I first started the book.

Unfortunately, the chemistry just wasn't there. Surprisingly, even before I started moving this way in book II, rereading book 1 for the audio book stuff, I can see the chemistry between her and Gastrope' is just much better.

I then introduced Zelda, who is only 27, (Steward of Doom) seeing if that would click. Well, their kids became fast friends, but just not seeing it between the two of them. So, were are still looking for that special someone.

Dating his hard enough for people in Tom's human social class, it's worse as a demon, and if he is Orcus, worse yet. Don't know if you've noticed, but relationships between gods is about as reliable and lasting as that between movie stars.

But the good news is, he's got all of eternity to settle down....
Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 9:16:22 PM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

Since when did Tom have a car, tizzy? and yea Tag i just don't really see tom focusing on any sort of romance at the moment unless it's as obvious as playing Hide and Seek with Giants, and he is seeking.it appears to be kind of a side effect of him as being a demon seems to be a Barge-load of responsibility and a decidedly major lack of sexual urges for the most part, I mean he's only 17 from a high tech world, and is most definitely not an incubus :P
Offline Killblah  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 10:09:07 PM(UTC)
Killblah

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Tom has no chemistry with any of the currently introduced characters, So it would probably have to be a new character for a romance plot for Tom to work.
My mains concerns are A) the new character is fully fleshed out and not only existing to be a romance character B) the romance is properly thought out and not some stupid love at first sight or soulmate/reincarnation crap, Even if they loved each other in a past life it would be cheap if they fell in love instantly with something like that as an excuse.
Offline Iume  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 10:46:06 PM(UTC)
Iume

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Tom needs an aggressive suitor that is wooing him. Bold and audacious.
Offline NS  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 11:07:41 PM(UTC)
NS

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

totally agree tom doesn't seem like the type of guy that makes the first move
Offline Tizzy  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 12:32:18 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Agreed, he's got enough on his plate that he won't be making a move.

What he needs is a Crazy Ex-Girlfriend soft of person.

OR---what about one of Orcus's ex's? Scared

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 2:44:22 AM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
You know, Bess told the Desperate Duo that she was hiding from Orcus after trying to steal his wand. I was hoping there was hope for her and Tom. But after reading Bk3, it's obvious she has "interests" in her pantheon.

Zelda is a no-go. She may be bold enough, but going after the Boss takes either a supremely confident female...or a gold digger.

Tamarin may be good for a fling. But it looked like there was interest being thrown in other directions.

That makes me sad. As I've said before, an Evil Overlord should not be a virgin. In fact, an Evil Overlord should have Evil Groupies. Female groupies. Not the male kind Tom seems to be drawing.

Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"
Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 5:07:09 AM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

I'm sure romance will happen eventually, at least as long as it will need to feel rational( Love? Hah!) and not some sort of rushed plot device. just give it time, nobody, not even the most crazily celibate(ignoring thing i will not even consider to be bodies)- and lets be honest that Tom's not close to that, merely has far too much to think about- will go without either romance, 'love' or at the very least a bed partner for too long.

Otherwise, i've heard there are shapeshifting non-demon dragonnesses who if impressed would probably find Tom a Challenge, but i need not warn of such nigh insane dalliances, not to mention those Dragon Gods you can find on some specific Material Plane Clusters.

But yes i agree Tom is most definitely not the Chaser.
Offline Tizzy  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 4:20:49 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

It would seem to me, even the most seasoned pro might have performance anxiety related issues when under the sort of stress Tom is.

And in romance, he is definitely not that. He has the social skills of a 16 year old gamer/book/comic book. He's like a young Leonard, Raj, Howard or Stuart from Big Bang Theory. (not Sheldon though--I shudder to think what Sheldon might have done with this sort of power)

Offline The Author Guy  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 4:29:22 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
In book II, when Vaselle shows up, I was very seriously tempted to have a second character, a Sister of Tiernon or maybe a priestess get totally by Tom and decide to convert and become a groupie and then try to start a religion, which of course would really have complicated things for Tom, who wouldn't have wanted one, and for Orcus who never wanted one.

My thought was literally "religious groupie"

However, I decided that it was too much overlap with Vaselle at the time. As it is, he is not getting as much page time as I want.

Offline scweeb  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 8:23:02 PM(UTC)
scweeb

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Registered, Unverified Users

Here is my wild out in left field thought.

HILDA! And here is how I see it would play out. Tiernon needs to really find out what is going on with his brother and see where he stands. Hilda has been really good at the new role of spy. So she demands that she accompany Talarius back to the Abyss until her job is complete.
Talarius at least in my mind goes back to that Abyss instead of rejoining Teirnon cause he needs time to process and I think he will realize the best place to be with his thoughts and have space is in Doom.
So from there I believe Hilda gets to know Tom and they first just develop a more friendship that maybe by the last book turns into something.
Maybe Tom is forced into the God things cause Hilda no longer followers Tiernon and followers Tom because she loves him and is about to Die and the only way to save her is if he does the God thing and becomes the TRUE GOD OF OATHS!!!!!

Or its some crazy EX either or :D
Offline Tizzy  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 10:07:32 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Backing up: The car being waxed is Singkun's, what you don't remember the time(s) when Singkun transformed himself into Mr Myagi? He had to keep his tail in his pants, but....

I almost wrote earlier about Hilda. However, she's already spoken for with Trisfelt! Will Tom have to battle Trisfelt for her hand?

Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 10:13:34 PM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

I'm sorry Scweeb but that sounds crazy, plus we all know that Hilda and Trisfelt are a more likely match.

I didn't think Singkun had that kind of patience Tizzy.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 18, 2017 10:15:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline GameGraphix  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 10:47:38 PM(UTC)
GameGraphix

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Here is a bit of a left field thought.....for a romantic partner for Tom

What about Inethya, the Prophetess of Nysegard..

Reasoning....
1. They have fought together against a "Great Evil" - people that fight together in a desperate battle tend to forge strong bonds of friendship / companionship
2. Inethya knows (or sort of knows) what Tom is already - so no need for the secret identity / reveal
3. She has her own power, so there is not going to be the whole inequality of power thing
4. Being a Prophetess of Nysegard, they don't have the same negative view of Orcus / D'Orcs as people from Astlan
5. She is going to want to find out about the comment that Tom made about being Tiernon's step-brother
6. She is going to want to find out the truth behind the withdrawal of Tiernon's people from Nysegard
7. She is used to working with beings / people from all different races - so no big surprises from all the people hanging around Tom
8. She seems to be a bold warrior - can see her doing the chasing
9. They have been intimate in a metaphysical sense - when Tom invaded her link to Tiernon - she is going to want to find out more about that, as well

thanks 1 user thanked GameGraphix for this useful post.
Lodrik on 6/12/2017(UTC)
Offline Tizzy  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 10:54:06 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Hmm, <scratching chin> Interesting....she is a looker too!

Although, he did violate her mana stream, which is rather rude...

Sure it's not as bad as what a certain archdemon, who shall remain nameless, lest we get twitted upon, likes to do, but....