The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
6 Pages123>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zeravar  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2017 3:23:13 AM(UTC)
Zeravar

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I'd like to know what Talarius is gonna do. I mean, it's just been confirmed *SPOILERS BELOW* that his God knew what they were doing in Naajar, Noatar, and those places but did nothing. Also, he's been declared an "Apostle of Doom." Is he gonna leave Tiernon to work for Tom? Or is he gonna stay with Tiernan to see if he (Tiernon) can redeem himself in his (Talarius's) eyes?
Offline Tizzy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2017 4:31:38 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
It is going to be interesting...

First things first, will be finding an rescuing Melissance, he implied that in Book III, and I happen to have overheard him in Book IV.

Of course finding one person in the vastness of the Abyss may prove tricky, although, from Book III, apparently not as tricky as I would have thought.

I will say that there are going to be a number of shifting loyalties in Book IV

Incidentally see the BB/ button up above, that will insert codes for things like
thanks 1 user thanked Tizzy for this useful post.
Zeravar on 2/1/2017(UTC)
Offline scweeb  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2017 4:50:35 PM(UTC)
scweeb

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Registered, Unverified Users

Honestly if you are not wanting spoilers about book three I would not recommend going to a forum dedicated to book four.

But I for one am really excited to see what happens with the TALK that is going to happen after the fight on Nysgaurd!! I mean come one there was all that good tension when Tom walked into the planning room and Bugramus practically acknowledged all of the wrong doings and Dogma that has been spread around about Orcus.
MMMMM do I smell some holy Arcons on a hot seat!!
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2017 6:25:20 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Zeravar Go to Quoted Post
I'd like to know what Talarius is gonna do. I mean, it's just been confirmed *SPOILERS BELOW* that his God knew what they were doing in Naajar, Noatar, and those places but did nothing. Also, he's been declared an "Apostle of Doom." Is he gonna leave Tiernon to work for Tom? Or is he gonna stay with Tiernan to see if he (Tiernon) can redeem himself in his (Talarius's) eyes?

I don't remember Talarius being made an Apostle of Doom. Did I miss that? Well, I'm halfway through a re-read of Bk3. I'll just be sure and mark it when I see it this time.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"
Offline Tizzy  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2017 7:20:31 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

It was not so much an anointing as Darflow Skragnarth sort of making that leap in describing his role in leading Doom's charge against the Storm Lords, rather freaked poor Hilda out! Flapper
Offline Christopher Cope  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2017 8:34:02 PM(UTC)
Christopher Cope

Here are my options for what happens to Talarius:

1 - He remains a loyal, if much more critical, and vocal member of the Rod
2 - He switches loyalty to Tommus
3 - He becomes a member of the El Ohim, seeing as that's about the only method that gods can be officially taken to task.
4 - He becomes Mellisance's personal foot rubber
5 - Due to a refusal, or inability to accept all of the Truths that's been dumped on him, he decides to throw logic out the window and become a disciple of Tizzy. Ruiden assumes golem form and becomes a scarecrow in Tizzy's weed garden.
Offline Tizzy  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2017 8:48:17 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

I vote for 5!

I've never had an acolyte before! Dancing
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2017 9:43:49 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Originally Posted by: Christopher Cope Go to Quoted Post
Here are my options for what happens to Talarius:

1 - He remains a loyal, if much more critical, and vocal member of the Rod
2 - He switches loyalty to Tommus
3 - He becomes a member of the El Ohim, seeing as that's about the only method that gods can be officially taken to task.
4 - He becomes Mellisance's personal foot rubber
5 - Due to a refusal, or inability to accept all of the Truths that's been dumped on him, he decides to throw logic out the window and become a disciple of Tizzy. Ruiden assumes golem form and becomes a scarecrow in Tizzy's weed garden.

Hmmm.

1- Likely. Though I think he'll be MUCH more critical. In fact, this may be the best outcome for the Rod.
2- Possible. He really is starting to see Tom as a model of Honor.
3- Possible, but I don't see this as likely. Just doesn't seem in character. Not at the moment, anyway.
4- No. That train has left the station. For him, and especially for her. Her Stabby Toy, maybe.
5- ROFLMAO.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2017 11:09:53 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

>5- ROFLMAO.

Rationally
Obvious
Fantastically
Likely,
Most
Assured
Option
Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, February 1, 2017 2:35:13 AM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

Groups: ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I'll as soon say to wait and see, so i would. However 1 and 2, in terms of criticality and at the very least following Tom until he sorts himself out.
Offline Zeravar  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, February 1, 2017 2:46:15 AM(UTC)
Zeravar

This is making Book 4 seem much more interesting..... hmmmm, could there possibly be a plot twist where Talarius dies and is brought back as a Demon of Doom?
Anxious
Also, thanks Tizzy for the hints on how to hide spoilers.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 1, 2017 3:11:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Spelling errors

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, February 1, 2017 3:13:02 AM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Originally Posted by: Zeravar Go to Quoted Post
This is making Book 4 seem much more interesting..... hmmmm, could there possibly be a plot twist where Talarius dies and is brought back as a Demon of Doom?
Anxious
Also, thanks Tizzy for the hints on how to hide spoilers.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh, the hilarity that would ensue!
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Zeravar  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, February 1, 2017 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
Zeravar

Originally Posted by: Gelcube Go to Quoted Post

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh, the hilarity that would ensue!

I don't think even Tom could say that it wouldn't be funny though he does seem a bit more interested in his wardrobe in AoD.....
Offline Tizzy  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, February 1, 2017 4:46:35 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Well, since Doom doesn't do resurrections that would be our only option to get him back.

Of course, he can't die in the Abyss, so it would have to happen on a material plane at which point it's a race between Tom and Hilda to see who gets to him first!

She (or any of the other avatars or major priests--Teragdor, Iskerus) could ressurrect him normally, Tom would have to D'Orc him.

Hmm, writing that down and seeing it in print, it just struck me for the first time in 70,000 years that that may sound a little obscene. Whistle
Offline Zeravar  
#15 Posted : Thursday, February 2, 2017 2:19:23 AM(UTC)
Zeravar

Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
Well, since Doom doesn't do resurrections that would be our only option to get him back.

Of course, he can't die in the Abyss, so it would have to happen on a material plane at which point it's a race between Tom and Hilda to see who gets to him first!

She (or any of the other avatars or major priests--Teragdor, Iskerus) could ressurrect him normally, Tom would have to D'Orc him.

Hmm, writing that down and seeing it in print, it just struck me for the first time in 70,000 years that that may sound a little obscene. Whistle

Of course, the problem with this is that we have no clue if Tiernon would directly intervene... though, I believe Hendel seems much more likely for a Divine Intervention and to act as an intermediary-- oops, meant interlocutor. (Never know when an orc or D'Orc might get on) Shhh
Offline Tizzy  
#16 Posted : Thursday, February 2, 2017 4:24:16 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Well, that actually brings up a small discussion in CoA:ITW.

All the gods and their priests can do resurrections, but if it's complicated, you go to a priest of Hendel, they are the best healers.

All priests can heal, but they have specializations other than healing that are attuned to their gods. E.g. Hilda has lots of combat rituals/powers. Torean's people do tracking, location, and hunting, etc. Krinna's do wind related/Enchantment things, Namora's do water and Sorcery related things.

In the case of the 5 Siblings, they are true elemental affiliated deities so their priests can do things similar to what wizards of the same element can do, plus healing/and or other combinations.

Actually CoA goes into quite a bit of discussion on resurrection, since it's something that Kristof has to think about quite a bit. Both of his parent's sides have had serious resurrection issues/experience. His father, the Emperor has access to the best healers in Astlan, from Hendel, and they've had remarkably bad luck with bring back his former wives....his mother's father loses heirs at a rather alarming rate to "unrecoverable deaths" I.e. situations where resurrection doesn't work.

Offline Tisslils  
#17 Posted : Thursday, February 2, 2017 12:45:33 PM(UTC)
Tisslils

When is CoA going to be released? Any estimated dates?

Are there going to be Cameos from our main storyline characters?
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#18 Posted : Thursday, February 2, 2017 2:21:55 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Originally Posted by: Tisslils Go to Quoted Post
When is CoA going to be released? Any estimated dates?

Are there going to be Cameos from our main storyline characters?

I thought CoA:ItW was supposed to be released Jan 31st, but I don't see it yet. Probably be Soon™.

Can't see that there'd be any main character cameos at this time, though there'll likely be some mention of the shenanigans around Freehold. Iskerus mentioned in Bk3 some of the goings-on in ItW before he got drafted to Nysegard.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#19 Posted : Thursday, February 2, 2017 2:45:58 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

It will probably be mid year, there will be a beta first. I think T-A-G is hoping to start that by May, if not sooner. He keeps getting distracted by too many projects, some of them not related to the books (staring at the Internet, jaw agape as a certain archdemon creates havoc on Earth).

He's currently writing book iv, CoA:ITW, and OOA:<TBD> and Who in the Abyss is that? (the free character guide/background ebook)

Offline Tisslils  
#20 Posted : Sunday, February 5, 2017 5:57:39 AM(UTC)
Tisslils

Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
It will probably be mid year, there will be a beta first. I think T-A-G is hoping to start that by May, if not sooner. He keeps getting distracted by too many projects, some of them not related to the books (staring at the Internet, jaw agape as a certain archdemon creates havoc on Earth).

He's currently writing book iv, CoA:ITW, and OOA:<TBD> and Who in the Abyss is that? (the free character guide/background ebook)

Dear Tizzy, may I suggest opening an Abyssal gate and holding TAG's feet in the Abyss every time he starts to gape?

Angel