The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
7 Pages<1234>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Rosver  
#21 Posted : Saturday, October 4, 2014 12:50:16 AM(UTC)
Rosver

Groups: Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
That is one convoluted story. The reference to Mobius strip is very cheeky. That story sound more outlandish that Alice in wWonderland but without its charmingly silly flavor.

As for Rupert, I prefer that it remains a mystery. I feel that mysteries doesn't have to be explained always. I'm quite satisfied at not knowing why Rupert is so.
Offline Zieggenfus  
#22 Posted : Saturday, October 4, 2014 3:32:38 AM(UTC)
Zieggenfus

Groups: Registered

Another invader for the Amazon realm.

Zieggenfus says:
Rupert first fully manifested after Tom made a deliberate effort to transfer some of his magic/animus(sp?) to him. This may have provided a boost to the amount of magic available for the creation of his initial form, as well as provide something of a physical template. Also consider he already had the magic and animus of an apprentice wizard available in the form of his then current body. Was Rupert able to utilize his half-demon animus when creating his initial form? These factors combined with the self-image theory Joshua states above adequately explains Rupert's form and power level in my mind.

If the energy transfer took place, it may also have resulted in a (temporary?) reduction of Tom's power.

I'm not sure of the time between the attack on the ship and the expulsion, but looking only at Bess and Tom, it appeared that Bess was more susceptible.
Offline Tizzy  
#23 Posted : Saturday, October 4, 2014 4:23:19 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
This could be....

some of your hypothesis, however will get answered pretty early on in book 2, however, said answer may confuse the overall question of this topic even more.
Offline The Deposed King  
#24 Posted : Sunday, October 5, 2014 12:31:40 PM(UTC)
The Deposed King

Groups: Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Do we know if Tom was practicing his magic shielding abilities on that night? Was he training? Which if it plays any factor makes me ask, Would Exador routinely go around shielding his mana/animus? And even if they both were doing it would that in any way effect the mirror?

Cause if both Tom and Exador were shielding their magic, that leaves the door open for Tizzy to be one of the Indigo.

The Deposed King
Offline Lenamare The Great  
#25 Posted : Sunday, October 5, 2014 11:16:58 PM(UTC)
Lenamare The Great

Groups: Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

OK,

I know you all think Exadork is an Arch Demon, but I've known that purple armored pompous over inflated gasbag nearly my entire life.
I have sat across the council table from him, argued with him, and triumphed over him on so many occasions, I can no longer count them all.

I have a hard time seriously believing he's an Arch Demon or even a demon.

Yes, he flew the coop at the same time my wards went up, but I am sure this was just a stunt on his part. The council was about to rule in my favor and he's trying to get them to second guess themselves

"Oh my, Exador's an Arch Demon, we wouldn't want to rule against him or he might get mad and bring a demon army against us!"

Of all the cheap, easy to pull off, theatrical tricks, this is so blatantly obvious, and so like him. He can't defeat me at wizardry, nor before legal courts nor the council, so he's trying scare tactics, jury intimidation, whatever you want to call it.

Believe me when I say that I have studied and analyzed this ego maniac probably more than anyone on the planet. The probability of him actually being a demon lord is very small, say 5% to 10% max.

Lenamare.
Offline Rosver  
#26 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2014 1:00:34 PM(UTC)
Rosver

Groups: Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

The Deposed King. I don't think he was practicing his shielding. From the book, he is most concerned in controlling his living fire form hence the need for a larger room.
Offline Tizzy  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, October 7, 2014 12:45:47 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Ooh, I like that me being an Indigo idea!

Woo hoo!

Yeah.

Pray
Offline Rosver  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, October 7, 2014 1:48:45 AM(UTC)
Rosver

However, it is just an idea. It is not the fact/truth. It would be scary too if you are indigo.

Why is Tom's power lever withheld tough? Why can't you just tell us. It is quite a bit frustrating not knowing.
Offline Tizzy  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, October 8, 2014 12:40:47 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

I'm a fiend, I can't see power levels or whatnot, at least not like the mirror.

I can see auras and overall brightness of mana etc but the best way I have of knowing a demon's level is by how much it hurts when they whollap me.

And believe me, I've been whollaped by some big ones.

Offline Rosver  
#30 Posted : Thursday, October 9, 2014 8:40:26 AM(UTC)
Rosver

Just ask Tom to whollap your. Then you can tell easy.

Or you could also steal the mirror.
Offline Tizzy  
#31 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2014 12:29:47 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

I don't think either of those would be pleasant.

Have you seen the size of Tom's claws? Have you seen what he did to that dragon? Nope, don't want that.

As for stealing the mirror, it's in the Rod's camp, surrounded by Rodlings, so far every demon that's gone into that camp has had problems.

Rupert was killed once, and almost killed again. He, Antefalken and I were captured and almost sent to the True Death, and Tom, I swear he was a goner...but he pulled it out, but we escaped by fleeing into the Abyss....

So, no, don't think I'm going to be doing that.

I'm starting to suspect you are trying to get me killed, or worse!

Offline Grant  
#32 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2014 2:29:45 AM(UTC)
Grant

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

If Rupert is only a half demon but a level 4 greater demon when this becomes common knowledge will people believe tom is even more powerful because his son is a greater demon but only a half demon tom would have to be a prince at least for his half demon son to be so powerful? yes no maybe it will make for great confusion
Offline Tizzy  
#33 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2014 7:38:56 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Yes, this will likely cause confusion.

But it seems to me that most of the plot revolves around people being confused and misunderstanding the situation.

Of course, that's often how a lot of wars start on Earth too.

The true danger is when most people are confused, and misunderstand each other, and then they realize that there was a simple misunderstanding and they start believing the other sides are also misunderstanding things, and that simple diplomacy might work...except...one of the multiple parties isn't really confused and is simply using the confused assumptions of others to enhance their position.

Whistle
Offline smw  
#34 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2014 8:29:11 PM(UTC)
smw

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Yes, this book greatly illustrates fog of war. It does it so well, you can't even tell if there is a war!
Offline Tizzy  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, October 14, 2014 1:15:33 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Yes, armies are on the move...just not clear where they should be moving and who the enemy actually is...

But don't worry, the confusion only gets worse...
Offline Madfox11  
#36 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2014 12:42:51 PM(UTC)
Madfox11

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
Yes, armies are on the move...just not clear where they should be moving and who the enemy actually is...

But don't worry, the confusion only gets worse...

I got the distinct impression that most of the armies agreed on the fact that Tom is the enemy. The Rod might have misunderstood the reason, but that ultimately does not matter to them. Tom still is a powerful demon after all and he did just defeat their Champion. Oorstemoth on the other hand knows why and it is true in a fashion. Tom did destroy that ship of theirs in defense of a criminal. Tom might want to belief it is all a misunderstanding, but I think he is a bit naive.

I am also not too sure you want them to get that book. I doubt the demons would like it if that book end up in the Rod's hands.
Offline Tizzy  
#37 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2014 1:53:31 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Yes, you are correct.

They primarily think the enemy is Tom...and the other archdemons they found in the city...there is confusion as to if they are all aligned.

The big problem they have is, where to move the armies to...he jumped into the Abyss, would Oorstemoth seriously consider invading the Abyss to get him back? And what about the Rod? And the Rod's bosses on high? And what about...oh wait that's the third chapter of book ii...never mind.

I suppose, in a weird way, Lenamare should be grateful to Tom, this may distract the Rod and Oorstemoth from the book (which the Rod doesn't really know about yet)...although Oorstemoth wants its historical artifact back.
Offline smw  
#38 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2014 11:03:48 PM(UTC)
smw

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
oh wait that's the third chapter of book ii...never mind.

Tizzy, you are truly evil. You keep referencing the next book which is driving me to madness. I recommend saving this method of torture for the souls you really want to punish. Brick wall

Any word from TAG on when the book (or at least an ARC) will be done?
Offline Tizzy  
#39 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2014 1:15:27 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

T-A-G is so so so so so so so so slow....if I knew how to type, I'd finish the stupid thing myself...sheesh..

Looks like he's missing his year end sorta deadline. If I were to guess it will be about 1 year after the first book. So slow...so slow...He needs to stop going to that stupid skyscraper downtown during the day. No idea what he's doing down there and I really don't see what he gets out of it...
Offline Killblah  
#40 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2014 8:12:17 PM(UTC)
Killblah

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

How extreme will the theories about who Tom is and how powerful he is get, Before they realise that they sound insane, Or will it keep going and they'ill think he's a God in disguise?

How infinte is their paranoia?

Edited by user Thursday, October 16, 2014 8:16:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified