The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
7 Pages«<23456>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tizzy  
#61 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2014 4:00:27 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
I am sure some of us would like to try.

The thing is, a great number of pantheons are more caught up in their own intra-pantheon wrangling and battle. They have their own "good" gods and "evil" gods. And the games they play with each other consume most of their time an energy.

You don't see much intER pantheon fighting as it can be very destabilizing. Rules of the game are typically mutually agreed upon within a pantheon, going outside the pantheon, all bets are off. It can be deadly, it can be dangerous, it's unknown. Too much of risk, usually, unless you are certain you can capture more worshipers.

And in fact, that's what most intER pantheon rivalry is. It's fought between worshipers on the ground, i.e. by proxy, rather than directly. It's a cold war between the pantheons.

We demons are, by and large, outside any of the pantheons (yes, there are some definite exceptions). But as a rule, the Demon Princes try very hard to keep demons from screwing with any gods or their factions. We want to remain a neutral force of Evil. If that makes any sense.

We often provide a place of refuge for those fleeing the games of the gods. There are definitely some demons who are "fallen avatars' of various gods.

There are some refugees of these battle who hole up in the Abyss, because it's generally not worth the effort of their enemies to pursue them there.

Offline Rosver  
#62 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2014 7:27:23 AM(UTC)
Rosver

Groups: Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Well, Lenamare just say that you are a liar. Is all you said true?

Also, maybe Tom will kill a god?............ Why am I thinking that?
Offline Tizzy  
#63 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2014 7:21:58 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I don't think Tom is as crazy that. Heck, I'm not even that crazy...

You seem to be the only one around here crazy enough to even think about killing a god.

I hope when the Blue Lightning strikes you, you are offline, because otherwise the Internet will probably be shorted out.

Offline Maou  
#64 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2014 9:27:51 PM(UTC)
Maou

Groups: Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

The gods avoid the abyss and have their powers weakened their as even the souls of their faithful are beyond their reach once in the abyss. This means that something down their can be weaponized into weakening, imprisoning, or killing the gods. Find out what keeps the gods out and you will know their weakness for once. You might think they will smite the demon who did so, but they likely won't. The gods fear nothing than a lack of followers, however if something could kill them they would likely fear it and wish it destroyed, but as they would never have experienced something such as this before it will likely make them uncomfortable and many might not truly understand the concept of their mortality after having lived their entire lives free of the prospect of death and fear.
Offline Rosver  
#65 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2014 10:25:04 PM(UTC)
Rosver

Groups: Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

@Tizzy:

It was just a joke! Well you do react to it beautifuly. Maou though remains so unruffled. He is made of solid stuff.

@Maou:

Hmmm. If the god here are like Greek and Roman gods, then acts of vengence from gods isn't really foreign. Being a subject of their wrath isn't a great thing to be.
Offline Tizzy  
#66 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2014 10:49:33 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

There are definitely some greasy gods here, and they do roam all over the place.

Offline Rosver  
#67 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2014 7:07:45 AM(UTC)
Rosver

Well, isn't that make things more nasty. Have you meet some of them?
Offline Tizzy  
#68 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2014 2:20:38 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Well there is a member of the Nyjyr Ennead who has hung out on top of (or well, I think sort of underneath in a cave) a mountain with Greasy Gods.

But I can't really say more than that due to spoilage....

Offline Rosver  
#69 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2014 7:41:27 PM(UTC)
Rosver

Are we going to meet some of these gods in book two?
Offline Tizzy  
#70 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2014 1:12:47 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Who says you haven't already met them?

Bwah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah.

Dancing

Now, I'm not saying who or from what pantheon may show up, but given the name Heavenly Host, there will definitely be some avatars that have met gods, and it would not be that far out of the blue to have a deific cameo...
Offline Rosver  
#71 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2014 5:03:09 AM(UTC)
Rosver

--Are you a god? Is that what you hint?--

Nah! Really. If we had already meet a god or two, then it must be one of those minor characters. Could it be one of Jenn's school mates?

I was really intriuged by the title. Really looking to who the deity will be and what kind of character it is.
Offline Tizzy  
#72 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2014 11:45:25 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Unfortunately, I've an unusual amount of trouble convincing others of my divinity.

However, I am, of course, the one true deity that everyone should worship!

All hail Tizzy!

However, since I can't actually consume other people's mana or animus: I demand you sacrifice Pizza Rolls to me!

Offline Maou  
#73 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2014 1:56:25 AM(UTC)
Maou

Groups: Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Can I just sacrifice some male virgins instead. I have plans for the pizza roles and the nubile.
Offline Tizzy  
#74 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2014 2:29:01 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Hmm,

I don't know, virgins are getting seriously devalued in the outer realms.

There's this one deity, flooding the market 72 virgins at a time to worshipers that blow things up for him.

I really like pizza rolls because they're easy to store.

Offline Rosver  
#75 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2014 4:23:17 AM(UTC)
Rosver

I can't see any point in giving offering to Tizzy.
Offline Tizzy  
#76 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2014 11:54:57 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Because I give you highly reliable, completely factual, unbiased, verifiable (if you want to come to the Abyss or Astlan and check it out, you are welcome to stay in my cave), trustworthy information?

Offline Rosver  
#77 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2014 2:33:36 AM(UTC)
Rosver

That as T-A-G says is debatable.

I would like to visit your cave but caution says otherwise. The things I know about the Abyss really doesn't make it a great place for me to be.
Offline Tizzy  
#78 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2014 1:19:08 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Hmm,

Do you know that Cooling Cantrip that Gastrope' taught Jenn? That seems to work for them. My cave is about the same altitude is Tom's. However, I actually have furniture. It took some experimentation...I tried this "mod" stuff made out of white plastic, but it tended to stick to you pretty bad.

I finally realized that metal framed chairs with asbestos upholstery and cushions worked the best.

So it's really quite comfortable. And nicely scented!

Offline Rosver  
#79 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2014 6:14:40 PM(UTC)
Rosver

Where did you get those. I thought you can't make gates. Did you steal them from other demons?

Edited by user Monday, September 22, 2014 6:17:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Tizzy  
#80 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2014 1:24:53 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Hmm,

Well, considering the name of this topic is "Killing Demons" (a name I've never liked) I am a little scared to tell you that I used "The Scientific Method"

Pray

Angel

No, actually they aren't as fancy as it sounds. it's all rather cobbled together by demons, I got some friends to help me steal some metal garden furniture and then we raided this place called Home Despot or something. Not really sure why one would want a Despot in one's home, but that's not really my problem.

Anyway, in actuality, the cushions, which we tied down with wires was this pink 'insulation" stuff, which was scratchy so we covered it in denim that we stole.
We then got pillow cases to supplement the rather tacky upholstery job, and filled those with asbestos.

I myself have a very nice divan that I use. Unfortunately I don't have a chair big enough for Tom.