Rank: Arch Demon
Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers
Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 43 post(s)
LOTR:ROP Inaccuracies, Lies, Deception and a little truth
Well, finally was able to watch Episode 6 of LOTR:ROP last night.
Because of my connection I have to download it and watch if offline. Thankfully, I've been able to upgrade my old AOL Dialup to Abyssal-State-Of-The-Art ISDN, Woo-Hoo! 2x64 kbs channels for a powerful 128 kbs.
So it takes forever to download my low-res copy each week, but, somebody has to fact check these bozos.
1) Naturally, the entire production is massive load of Elven propaganda and fiction.
2) This is not how things went down, take it from me, as I was there.
3) What's with these seriously ugly ass, generally tiny/wimpy, orcs? Only realistic looking one was the guy that went 'eye-to-eye' with Arondir. He was a real orc.
4) What's with the massive sunburn thing? Orcs do not sunburn easily, less than humans, and certainly not like a vampire.
5) Their military tactics are horrible, they are portrayed as untrained, undisciplined, and ill-equipped. Never seen that horrible of an orc army.
1) I grant you the orcs in ME, by this point had been hood-winked/lied to and forced into a cult. So, yes, they were no longer the honorable warriors we know and love, they'd gone dark.
2) This Urak Hai, corrupted elves, father of orcs crap, is just that, it's a load of crap. However, it's a load of crap that Mogroth and Sauron both insisted on force feeding the mortal orcs. It was part of their "cult indoctrination" crap to alienate and subvert the ME orcs. Classic codependeny grooming.
Not wrong/slightly right
1) OK, first, it takes considerably more power that just mixing Water, Earth, Fire and Air to kick start a Doom (you could argue the people watching provided the animus, but that's a stretch). This was a gross simplification of what it takes.
2) However, other than the requirement of a massive mana infusion to start a Doom, it was reasonable. Visually, extremely accurate. Good job on that.
3) More importantly, you can all now see why we are a bit paranoid of just blindly restarting Doomalogues. It can be massively disruptive and dangerous for surrounding flora and fauna.
4) I did like Adar talking about his 'children' as individuals with heart and not just mindless monsters. Actually was rather shocked the elven censors let that stay in.
5) Overall, while still overwhelmingly biased in favor of the elves, they at least show people what arrogant assholes they are and how most every body doesn't like them.
Anyway, those are my initial impressions.