The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
8 Pages«<23456>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tizzy  
#61 Posted : Wednesday, October 29, 2014 2:51:07 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Ahh, yes, you need to understand demonese.

If the object of the verb is a demon, I mean that in the way most favorable to me, IF i WERE THE OBJECT/DEMON myself

If the object of the verb is a non-demon (human/elf/dwarf/etc), I mean that in the way most favorable to ME THE ACTOR UPON THE OBJECT/HUMAN/ETC, and thus the LEAST favorable way to the object of the verb.

Offline Tizzy  
#62 Posted : Wednesday, October 29, 2014 3:11:53 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Actually, I should clarify and simplify

If I am saying something:

You should understand that I am interpreting what I say in the most positive way for me and mine, and the most negative way for thee and thine.

If you are telling me something (instruction, order, etc)

I will always interpret it in the most positive way for me and mine, and the most negative way for thee and thine.

If I am replying to my accursed master, I will always phrase it as if I mean:

The most positive way for thee and thine, and the most humble/subservient way for me and mine. But in reality, it's just the opposite.

I should point out, this works the same way for djinn's and wishes etc.
Offline Korwin  
#63 Posted : Wednesday, January 7, 2015 9:42:04 AM(UTC)
Korwin

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Korwin Go to Quoted Post
Late this year still an accurate ETA?
eARC? Beta Reading?

New year, new book?
Offline The Author Guy  
#64 Posted : Wednesday, January 7, 2015 5:18:37 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
Hi,

So the big hold up has been that about 2 weeks after book 1 was published I started a contract job downtown where I work in an office for about 9 hours plus travel. First time in about 12-13 years, traditionally I work remotely maybe a trip for a week a month or 1 to 2 days a week onsite.

This everyday thing killed my schedule on lots of fronts, but in particular book 2. (when working at home, I can mix up my schedule so if I get a strong urge to write, I write and then work later and vice versa...doesn't work that way in an office--plus office burns you out).

That ends this month, so I hope to do a big push in Feb/March and wrap the book up. We shall see.

At this moment, I am working on the 2nd Edition of Book 1 as well. It is currently at an editor, getting a proper/professional editing. I am also trying to solicit new cover art...for it and Book 2.

Once Book 2 is done, it goes to Beta...no idea how long that will take, but let's say a couple weeks, plus inclusion time/rewriting. Then it goes to editor. With Book 1 she wanted 6 weeks. Once that's done another week or for formatting/kindlizing etc. (Deadtree galley process etc)

So...if I can finish it in March, figure April/May for Beta and Editing. Meaning June-ish for release.

Sorry it keeps getting longer but this weird "go to a job everyday" thing really threw off my schedule.

T-A-G

thanks 1 user thanked The Author Guy for this useful post.
Dungeon Roomba on 1/23/2015(UTC)
Offline Jonnyboi  
#65 Posted : Friday, January 9, 2015 9:54:09 PM(UTC)
Jonnyboi

Groups: Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Halleluah! thx author man just knowing a outline is good enough for me.
It's hard to be good so why try?
Offline Tizzy  
#66 Posted : Saturday, January 10, 2015 5:31:42 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

He's full of excuses...if he was a demon his master would not stand for this sort of tardiness.

Accursed Masters don't put up with slothfulness.

Someone needs to summon T-A-G, turn him into a demon and order him to hurry up and finish the book already!
Offline Madfox11  
#67 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2015 9:55:35 AM(UTC)
Madfox11

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
He's full of excuses...if he was a demon his master would not stand for this sort of tardiness.

Accursed Masters don't put up with slothfulness.

Someone needs to summon T-A-G, turn him into a demon and order him to hurry up and finish the book already!

Can't demons do that - or at least the ones with wizard powers? If so, give the author an otherwordly experience, arrange with a friend to summon him and done. Or is there some kind of demon ethics against summoning and binding fellow demons?
Offline Tizzy  
#68 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2015 7:10:36 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

I don't know of any that do, demon wizards that is (human wizards most likely don't know about the myopia).

Clearly, Exador should be able to do this as he fits the bill. Perhaps he does do this. It is curious how he got all those demons to fill the halls of the palace. And there were a lot of little ones, maybe he's raiding grade schools for a very pliable army of demon servants?

It would kind of make Fagin (Oliver Twist) look like Santa Claus....

And you only thought you had a Hard Knock Life, little orphan Annie...wait until daddy Exabucks adopts you...

Offline Korwin  
#69 Posted : Monday, January 19, 2015 11:57:03 AM(UTC)
Korwin

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Tizzy just noticed you blew your cover Whistle
Quote:
Name: Tizzy
Offline Tizzy  
#70 Posted : Monday, January 19, 2015 2:08:00 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Yeah!

I just wish the real world worked like this forum and the more you talked, the higher your rank...

If the Abyss worked that way, I'd be Lillith's boss by now!

Offline Rosver  
#71 Posted : Wednesday, January 21, 2015 1:45:38 AM(UTC)
Rosver

Groups: Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Guys versus girls? Girls win hands down when it comes to talking. Just have a few of them together and they will non stop.
Offline Tizzy  
#72 Posted : Friday, January 23, 2015 1:53:24 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Well, I didn't say that the real world worked like this forum, only that I wish it did.

I'd give her a run for her money on talking though...

And she pretty much is the definition of girl/woman as in she came before her ex-husband's second wife, who everyone insists was the first woman...I guess that makes Lillith the zeroeth woman.

The ProtoWoman...and according to the Holy Texts, not made out of her husband's spare parts.
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#73 Posted : Friday, January 23, 2015 7:57:40 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: The Author Guy Go to Quoted Post

So...if I can finish it in March, figure April/May for Beta and Editing. Meaning June-ish for release.

YAY!

Originally Posted by: The Author Guy Go to Quoted Post

At this moment, I am working on the 2nd Edition of Book 1 as well. It is currently at an editor, getting a proper/professional editing. I am also trying to solicit new cover art...for it and Book 2.

Guess I'll have to buy The White Album again.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"
Offline The Author Guy  
#74 Posted : Friday, January 23, 2015 11:44:24 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
I'm hoping to figure out how to make the 2nd edition a free upgrade...not yet sure how that works.

I know minor updates/changes get or can get propagated, not sure on a second edition...I should hope it would be. If they make it a hassle, I'll try to figure out something...I want people who bought the first edition to get the second. Technically, their buying the first edition paid for the editing of the second edition...
Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#75 Posted : Sunday, February 1, 2015 4:45:57 PM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

Groups: ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Just joined the forums and I would like to say that i really like Book 1, and I'm looking forward to Book 2.

- Dirk
Offline Tizzy  
#76 Posted : Sunday, February 1, 2015 5:19:55 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Super!

Cool hat by the way!
thanks 1 user thanked Tizzy for this useful post.
Dirk Flamberge on 2/1/2015(UTC)
Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#77 Posted : Sunday, February 1, 2015 6:45:38 PM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

Thank you! As you know it's hard to find good hats these days so I've been forced to make my own from my prior hat knowledge.

What I'm currently Wearing is called a Regent, if I'm not mistaken.

- Dirk
Offline Tizzy  
#78 Posted : Sunday, February 1, 2015 8:53:58 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

I believe you are correct.

One of the great benefits of haberdashery is opportunity to breathe in mercury vapors, my friend Alice has a close personal friend who makes hats, he became extremely lucid the more hats he made. He throws the best tea parties, and is one of the few people that I can have a long and in depth conversations with.

The Author Guy unfortunately lives about half a block from a Goorin Brothers Hat Shop where he gets his hats so he doesn't get the opportunity to inhale any mercury.

And for a full range of gentlemen's attire might I suggest the Emporium stores

They have Victorian, Steam Punk and Western fashions and accessories for both men and women.

However, as I said, I think making one's own hats leads to a happier, more rational outlook, if you follow the classic traditions, that is.

Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#79 Posted : Sunday, February 1, 2015 9:12:24 PM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

I will have to have the pleasure of meeting your acquaintance at some point, so as to see if he will share some of his tricks-of-the-trade, as they were.

That is a shame about the lack of inhaled mercury in The Author Guy's diet, but perhaps it's for the best?

Thanks for the links, and I agree that using mercury in hat production is the better option, especially quality-wise, but it's
surprisingly difficult to find around my area, so I often have to use Mercury Alternatives which is no fun.

But what is life without challenges, eh?

- Dirk
Offline Tizzy  
#80 Posted : Sunday, February 1, 2015 9:27:41 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Death, actually.

Having talked to my share of dead people, I can attest they are all remarkably unchallenged. Seriously bored,

This is why so many people choose to get reincarnated. Sitting around on a cloud playing a harp gets really old, really fast. No worries about food, no worry about obtaining mercury...

Can you imagine sitting on a cloud listening to or playing harp music for well...13 billion years so far...if one died today, i'm sure they'd be stuck on a cloud for at least another 13 billion years.

So, OK, maybe Antefalken, being a bard, wouldn't have a problem with that...but I couldn't take it.

I suppose that's why I'm down here in the Abyss.