The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tizzy  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2014 1:36:12 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Well...I really don't know much about elementals.

I believe the sages over in the library (unless TAG forgot to post that section) say that there really aren't elementals per se...it's really weird, it's more like there is an elemental impetus that somehow corresponds to the elementals. I.e. there aren't "intelligent" elementals because that would require spirit or animus to create life, and thus would not be pure.

However, many philosophers and animages argue that while there is no elemental intelligence, there is a "force" or inherent nature in each of the elements. Fire is rage/destruction/cleansing rebirth for example. (See Astrology)

When you combine "spirit" the fifth element, with one of the other four, by some means, you would get an elemental.

This doesn't happen in nature, normally.

However, the highest/greatest Animasters can transmute their physical/planes of men form into a single element as an "elemental body" Basically it's a physical body on the Planes of Men composed of a single element and the consciousness of the Animage.

This is what Maelen refers to as a "Living Elemental" on the boat, when Tom flames up to attack the Oorstemothians.

Elementals, so to speak aren't alive, they aren't sentient. Only when combined with spirit do you get an elemental being. I.e. "A Living Elemental"

Offline Maou  
#22 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 6:53:08 AM(UTC)
Maou

Groups: Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

What would happen if Tom where to use and elemental form of all four elements at the same time?
Offline Tizzy  
#23 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 11:55:28 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Hmm

That would probably be a question for Maelen.

However, I don't think that would be possible, the elemental "tides" if you will, would pull you apart.

For example, wizards don't usually combine more than two elements at a time in a given adhoc spell, typically sympathetic elements.

When they do need to use multiple elements, those are typically larger rituals involving pentacles and runes and braziers and stuff. I.e. they've got a lot of moving parts and they take precaution to blend things carefully.

The vast majority of Elementalists (animages) only specialize in one element. Yes they may do the others, but specialization is usually a single element.

Trying to do all four would require tremendous skill and will power.

Also remember Tom is sort of cheating. he's a demon, demons have a natural affinity for fire (OK---yes you got me Ice demons are an exception, or so they would seem, but they are really just the inverse of fire, e.g. cold fire as we call it--the ice is a by-product created by freezing moisture out of the air)