The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
3 Pages<123
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tizzy  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 2:29:57 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Well, I don't know about every eventuality, nor do I know much of anything about the gods but...

Your basic assumption about gods vs demons is basically true; as far as I understand things. However, I would assume that gods have a tremendous amount of personal mana storage capacity on their own, god pools are just super mana pools into which they pour the excess that they can't use right away; plus it's a reserve that more than one person can draw on.

I assume that avatars also have pretty good reserves. Plus the ability to pull on the god pool.

Ever notice how the "good guys" seem to win in all the stories. My bet is because the avatars cheat and use god power vs their own power and can thus win in an otherwise well matched up duel. I.e. to succeed as a demon, you have to be more powerful than the same level avatar...

Again, just might thoughts on the issue.

Tom's trick is a huge concern for deities, it could be particularly devastating for lesser gods with fewer followers. however, for the major religions like the Etonian's...well they are diversified and I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have emergency agreements in place or could get help from their fellow pantheon members in the face of such an attack.

Yes, cutting off the supply line is always a critical tactic in any combat situation.
Offline Maou  
#42 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 3:05:00 AM(UTC)
Maou

Groups: Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Is it possible to corrupt a divinities god pool so that instead of the mana being purified by its practitioners, it is instead corrupted. Also could that cloud that 1 hits demons possibly be modified in such a manner as to destroy a god. Entropy tends to destroy most things given time and it sounds like something a demon might utilize.
Offline Rosver  
#43 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 8:36:49 AM(UTC)
Rosver

Groups: Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Maou you have such intricate ideas. Tizzy would be mind boggled. And as for corruption, there is that one priest who summons a demon and who got Tom instead. Demons don't seem to do that much to corrupt them. They do it themselves.
Offline Korwin  
#44 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 1:40:11 PM(UTC)
Korwin

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Btw. we also have word of mouth that there are evil gods.

Are there Demons who serve evil gods / get power from them?
Offline Maou  
#45 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:08:55 PM(UTC)
Maou

Groups: Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Sorry let me clarify. I meant corruption in a manner similar to contamination. A mean to corrupt the god pool that serves as the fount of power for the god. From what I have been told the god pool is the intermediary between the god and those who serve them, so contaminating would have negative effects on all those who rely on this pool for power. Kind of like the True Power in the wheel of time series. In essence a film was placed over the power so that all who drew on it drew in some of the insanity woven by an old evil. The power is still their and can be accessed, but now all who use it are forever tainted by a dark power.

I mention this as corrupting those who serve the divine with their own power sounds just positively delightful for me. As it would be a demonic taint my mentality would not be affected all that much. It is just wonderfully delightful to watch the mortals kill each other for reasons I have direct influence on. They will likely think of reasons to bring harm to one and other without any demonic influence, but their reasons aren't as creative.

Edited by user Thursday, July 17, 2014 4:52:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Tizzy  
#46 Posted : Wednesday, July 16, 2014 1:46:23 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
I am not sure exactly what "series" you are talking about...

But I do know of something very similar that happened in reality.

This guy I once knew, Rand...had almost the exact same thing happen to him...

However, I have no idea what mana corruption would be, there isn't an anti-mana.

HOWEVER, Tom does mention the fact that the mana from Tiernon is extra pure, concentrated almost.

So, one might assume that gods filter the mana, or there is some sort of mana filtration system on the stuff going into the pool. (This is actually the Illuminary System as described in Book II)

So...I would think, even if one could figure out how to contaminate said mana pool, the deity or his/her avatars could just refilter it.

Or, maybe use it as is, sort of like bad gasoline. Some engines might get choked up on it, others could run on it...